What is VICIDial and how do I set it up?
VICIdial is an open source, Enterprise-level Contact Center solution that is utilized by thousands of enterprises in over 100 countries across the world and is absolutely free to use. Agents can handle inbound and outbound calls, as well as predictive and manual outbound list dialing, inbound emails, and website customer chat sessions, all from the same agent interface with VICIdial. The panel is available in 16 different languages.
You may see a small list of how companies use VICIdial on a daily basis to conduct business.
- Calls for customer support from small to medium-sized businesses
- Post-checkout survey of hospital patients
- An organization’s members are being broadcasted to.
- Patient contact management in a doctor’s office: Calls and emails (incoming and outgoing)
- Broadcast messaging and parent reaction are used by schools. IVRs for lead management companies (10,000+ Direct Inward Dialing) IVRs for emergency response call centres that run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Phone call logging and call redirection
- Call center for bank customers
Quad-Core CPU 2.0 GHz
160 GB 7200rpm enterprise-grade SATA drive
The following specifications, in addition to the ones listed above, can be used to create a more robust server (Optional)
RAM: 8 GB
Two 500GB enterprise-grade SATA or SAS discs in RAID-1, hot-swappable
On all installation media, the default ‘root’ password is ‘vicidial.’ At the Login prompt, input ‘root’ and at the Password prompt, type ‘vicidial.’
ViciBox is only available in a 64-bit version. It is not available in 32-bit architecture or for non-x86 architectures like as ARM or PowerPC. Any modern CPU released after 2004 should be able to install and operate ViciBox with no problems.
- Visit VICIBox to get the ViciBox Server ISO.
- The server will boot to the first phase of the installation after booting from the ISO. Highlight the ‘ViciBox v.X’ option in the center of the screen using the arrow keys and press the ENTER key.
- To accept the license agreement, hit CTRL-A on the license screen.
- Then To continue with the boot-up phase, press ALT-N to select ‘Next’.
- Type ‘root’ as the username and ‘vicidial’ as the password at the login box. Then press the ENTER key.
- Type ‘os-install’ at the command prompt and hit ENTER.
- The default language, keyboard layout, and time zone can all be changed.
- Fill in the new ‘root’ password you want to use.
- To install the operating system using the installation options you’ve chosen, press ALT-I.
- To validate the removal of the previous operating system installation on the host system and the installation of the new operating system, press ALT-I.
Follow us Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
Leave a Reply